Friday, April 17, 2020

4/17/20: Lupron

For today's appointment, I was in and out in 15 minutes.

As instructed last week, I called my infusion nurse from my car in the parking garage. I left a message saying I had arrived. She called back within a few minutes to let me know that she put in the pharmacy order for the Lupron, so it should be ready by the time I checked in and got to the infusion room. I guess the purpose of me calling was to reduce the time I needed to be in the Cancer Center.

When I saw that there was a person checking in ahead of me, I decided to put on my cloth mask while waiting in line. During the check-in, I was given a surgical mask to wear instead. My identification and allergy wristbands were again trimmed and attached to the back of a sticker, which I stuck to the front of my shirt, identifying me as having been screeened.

Up in the infusion room, the medical assistant took my vitals, then directed me to a bay. Almost immediately the "new" nurse who has been working with my regular infusion nurse came in. She gave me the shot, and I dare say it was the most gentle and painless injection I've had so far!

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on the blog. Glad you are continuing to get better and hanging in there with all that is going on! Say hi to everyone from us. Love, Prem.

    ReplyDelete