Tuesday, May 19, 2020

5/19/20: (5 Months Post-Chemo) Still Wearing Hats

Thanks to this global pandemic, I'm actually quite content to not have any social outings at which I might have to explain why I am still covering my head 5 months after I finished chemo. My hair is growing in, but it's so thick and straight that it grows literally outward, like each hair is radiating from my head. Sure, it's funny. But I hate it. And I'm much too vain to let others see it. Here, I'm willing to post only a side view.


When I wear a hat, it flattens the hair, but the hair gets flattened every which way, so it just ends up looking like bed-head.

Besides the rimmed hats I got from Headcovers Unlimited, I've also been wearing slouchy beanie hats around the house. Those knit hats are getting too warm for spring, though. I'll need to find something cooler for the summer. Still, what with the pandemic going on, I'm actually relieved I don't need to worry about being seen too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment