Tuesday, March 29, 2022

3/29/22: The Cancer Center Called Me

It felt kind of random. A person I didn't recognize said my usual medical oncology NP had asked her to call me to let me know about my blood work results (which I already saw online). She said my estradiol number is low, as expected, and that my LFTs (liver function tests) are "bouncing around" and were sent to my hepatologist. The blood work was done 11 days ago, and I didn't expect any follow-up, so I guess it's just nice to know that someone is still checking up on me. 

Although, she did not say anything about my bone density test results, and I did expect a follow-up for that. I had forgotten all about it and didn't think of it myself until after the phone call ended, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I guess there's not much to say about it anyway, since the report said "statistically nonsignificant change" from last time. 

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard from my hepatologist about my FibroScan results. I'm not really worried because I feel like I've gotten enough information online, though it would be nice to know his thoughts on what "severe steatosis" means for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment