Thursday, May 16, 2019

5/16/19: NP Appointment

If you remember, I am actually writing these posts in retrospect. I am writing this post on June 15, and by now I have been to the Breast Center a number of times. I have to say, everyone I have interacted with at the Breast Center has been amazingly kind, professional, and helpful. You figure it probably takes a certain kind of person to work at a place where they mostly deal with patients who have or might have cancer. These are women who are all really good at their jobs, and I appreciate them so much.

So anyway. The Breast Center NP confirmed my two lumps are easily palpable. 

Regarding my first lump, she reassured me that sebaceous cysts can occur anywhere on the body, and I just happened to get one on my breast. 

She said the second lump felt similar to the first lump, but since we can't assume anything, we need to take the next step to figure out what the second lump is. After a mammogram and ultrasound, the next step is to get an MRI. 

The NP explained that MRIs require pre-authorization from my health insurance. The Breast Center would take care of obtaining that pre-authorization, which usually takes a few days. Then they would call me to set up the appointment.

She advised me to not bother with a dermatologist just yet. We would see what the MRI showed, and then go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment