Wednesday, May 22, 2019

5/22/19: PCP Appointment (Annual Physical)

Amidst all this, I just happened to have my annual check-up with my PCP.

She had received all the reports from my various tests and appointments. I told her I hadn't received a call yet about scheduling my MRI. She advised me to call them, and said that scheduling can sometimes fall through the cracks, so I shouldn't be afraid to be pushy.

We also discussed the fact that I currently take a birth control pill. In some cases, birth control pills may increase a woman's risk of breast cancer. All my current breast-related appointments basically mean I now have a higher risk of having breast cancer, and my PCP recommended I speak with my OB/GYN about switching to a different type of birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment