Thursday, August 15, 2024

8/15/24: Bone Density Test Results

I'm supposed to get a bone density test every 2 years while on anastrozole, which puts me at risk for osteoporosis.

Previous tests showed that I do have osteopenia, and this year's results are no different.

I had the imaging done yesterday and got the results online today. My T-scores this year are:

  • Lumbar spine: -1.5 (down from -0.5)
  • Right proximal femur: -1.6 (down from -0.9)
  • Left proximal femur: -1.8 (down from -1.2)

The report describes the "change from previous" as "-8.8%, statistically significant change", but at least it's not in the osteoporosis range yet.

For the record, I do take both calcium and vitamin D to help prevent bone loss. I wonder if maybe my numbers would be even worse if I weren't taking these supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment