Thursday, August 22, 2024

8/22/24: Echocardiogram Results

Yesterday I had an echocardiogram. I'm sure the cardiologist is looking for any number of things in the results, but mainly I am interested in whether or not my ejection fraction is holding steady above 50%.

I got the results online and the first thing I noticed is that my online visit summary uses the word cardiomyopathy, which was interesting mainly because I don't recall my doctor actually using that word.

Anyway, I'm relieved that my ejection fraction is now 59%, which to me feels like a marked improvement from last year's 50-55%, though the report says "no significant change". It's still lower than my pre-Herceptin baseline of 63%, but I think it's high enough that I won't worry so much about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment