Monday, July 15, 2019

7/15/19: My Friends Offered to Connect Me with Women with Breast Cancer

I am so grateful for a couple of my friends who have offered to connect me with women they know who have had breast cancer.

I can't tell who reads my blog, or when, so I don't know if these offers were spontaneous or in response to yesterday's post, but it doesn't matter. I am thankful for every offer.

Again, it is simultaneously inspiring and depressing knowing there are so many women out there who have or have had breast cancer. The rate is 1 in 8 after all.

Right now, I am wholly focused on the surgery and recovery. That's the first step.

I don't even know what kind of treatment I'll need in terms of chemotherapy or radiation or medication. I'll find out when I meet with a medical oncologist after the surgery, after the pathology results are in. Maybe then I might want to connect with someone who has been through the same kind of treatment I'll be having, to get a better idea of what to expect.

For now, I feel good about having someone to give me advice through the DMX process.

Later on, when I know my course of treatment, if anyone knows someone who has gone through the same or a similar treatment, I may reach out and ask for an introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment