Thursday, July 11, 2019

7/11/19: The Breast Center Called Me with a Surgery Date

Finally!

My surgery will be Friday, August 23. That was the first available date.

I'm disappointed because I was very much hoping for a date in early August, so that my husband (a public school teacher) could be home for the duration of my recovery, and so I could be fully recovered before school starts. 

I consider this date "the worst of the best" options. My husband and the kids start school the week of August 26, so this date is the last possible date that falls during summer vacation. That's the good part; at least the surgery itself isn't during the school year. The unfortunate part is that our household is obviously much busier when school is in session, especially at the beginning when we're still getting into a routine, and I will be out of commission, including no driving, for at least a few weeks.

I also just really want this cancer out of me. I mean, coming to terms with a double mastectomy is difficult, to say the least. But at least one of my breasts is literally trying to kill me, so at this point, I really just want them gone. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting all this information. I think it will help a lot of people learn more (including me). Sorry that you're going through this. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete