Tuesday, July 9, 2019

7/9/19: I Cancelled the MRI with Biopsy Appointment

Hm.

At the breast surgeon appointment, my nurse navigator said she would cancel my MRI with biopsy appointment for me. (Since we decided on a double mastectomy, and both breasts would be tested, a biopsy of the left breast before surgery is no longer needed.)

But yesterday, I received in the mail a letter confirming my MRI appointment, scheduled for tomorrow. Maybe the letter was prepared before my nurse had a chance to cancel the appointment?

I called the radiology department to confirm my appointment was cancelled. The scheduler said my appointment was still there! She asked if I wanted to cancel it, and I said yes.

For my own sanity, I confirmed with my husband that both the breast surgeon and the nurse said the appointment was no longer needed, and that the nurse said she would handle the cancellation. I guess I'm a little troubled that this fell through the cracks - what else might also fall through the cracks then? - but my husband said cancelling appointments is probably low on the nurse's priority list.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for the phone call telling me when my surgery will be. We have lots of summer plans that have been thrown up in the air until we find out the surgery date. I feel super anxious, and just want to have a known schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment