Thursday, January 16, 2020

1/16/20: I Called the Cancer Center

Yesterday, in preparation for my appointments tomorrow, I logged into the online patient portal to double-check the times. I noticed that my appointment with my medical oncologist was listed with a different doctor! Oh no!

I freaked out a little at the idea of losing my medical oncologist. I told myself that if my doctor is leaving the practice for whatever reason, if I have to change doctors, well, then, that's just what I'll have to do. It's not like I have a choice. I just have to accept it.

I fretted about it intermittently overnight until I was able to call the Cancer Center this morning. Turns out, my doctor has been out sick all week, and they were having a hard time re-scheduling all her patients, so to help out, some appointments are being covered by another doctor. Phew. Wishing her a quick recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment