Wednesday, January 15, 2020

1/15/20: My Social Worker Called Me

My physical therapist told my social worker about my mom's passing, and my social worker called me today to offer her condolences. I missed the call, but she left a message.

Besides just really appreciating the fact that she reached out, I also appreciated how much she understood the big picture. She said she was sorry, she recognized that it was especially difficult because it happened over the holidays, and she expressed how challenging it must be to deal with the loss while going through my own cancer treatment. 

She doesn't even know about my father being in active treatment for prostate cancer.

She asked if I wanted to schedule an individual appointment, otherwise she might try to stop by to see me the next time I'm in the Cancer Center.

I am pretty phone averse, so I decided not to call her back just yet. I'll wait and see if she comes to visit me in the infusion room during my next appointment on Friday. If she doesn't, I'll give her a call.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! that's so wonderful that she reached out to you! You have such a great support team. Definitely so much to deal with right now. :(

    ReplyDelete