Tuesday, February 18, 2020

2/18/19: I Took Another Dose of Lasix + Potassium

Being on more than one medication at a time (Herceptin, Lupron, and exemestane) and still recovering from DMX surgery makes for a real challenge when trying to figure out what is causing which side effect or symptom.

I know the numbness and tingling in my hands, and the stiffness in my legs, all started before I began taking exemestane, but I wonder if the exemestane is making them worse.

"Aching or pain in the joints and muscles" is listed as a side effect for exemestane. Every time I stand up, I feel like an old person. I've also been feeling some achiness in the joints of my fingers, and a very localized pain in the joints of my thumbs; maybe it's from the swelling in my hands, or maybe it's from the exemestane.

Carpal tunnel syndrome, which can cause tingling and weakness in the hands, is also listed as a side effect. It makes me wonder if symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome might be overlapping with the symptoms from nerves being pinched from swelling, which itself could be related to DMX recovery or Lupron.

These days, I wake up with mild numbness and tingling in both hands. My fingers feel tight if I make a fist, but it's not difficult to make a fist, which used to be a problem. My hands don't feel weak anymore, and they no longer feel like they are constantly on the verge of getting worse. Mostly my hands feel better after moving around for a while, but I still have mild tingling, and numbness in just my fingertips, throughout the day. And my left hand feels worse than my right.

Even though the overall swelling has gone down a lot, I can tell that my left hand is still swollen compared to my right. I didn't feel any difference after taking the second dose of Lasix, but since my left hand still looks and feels puffier, I went ahead and tried a third dose today, along with the prescribed potassium supplement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment