Tuesday, March 17, 2020

3/17/20: The Hospital Called Me to Re-Schedule My Echocardiogram

The scheduler asked if I would mind pushing my echocardiogram appointment 2 weeks out. I said that's totally fine, but I also asked if it would make sense to keep it sooner rather than later, since the coronavirus situation is only expected to get worse in the next couple weeks. She said, well, that's not actually an option, they are simply re-scheduling everyone. Sounds like they are in full preparedness mode.

My letter of authorization from the insurance company says I need to schedule the procedure within a one-month time frame. The scheduler assured me that it's easy for them to re-request authorization if they need to push my appointment out past the existing window.  

No comments:

Post a Comment