Thursday, March 26, 2020

3/26/20: I Got an Email about Re-Scheduling Appointments

Because of the coronavirus, my hospital is re-scheduling or offering virtual visits for all non-urgent appointments through April 11.

In that time, I have one appointment for an echocardiogram, and another with my OB/GYN. I expect the echocardiogram will be delayed again. The OB/GYN appointment is a follow-up to discuss any gynecological side effects from hormone therapy. I'd be fine with a virtual visit by phone, if that's an option. The email said the provider's office will call me, so I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for some phone calls.

I also have an appointment for a targeted therapy infusion. I assume scheduled treatment counts as essential, but I know some women in Facebook support groups are having even their treatments cancelled, so I'll have to wait and see what the Cancer Center decides.

No comments:

Post a Comment