Wednesday, August 9, 2023

8/9/23: My Cardiologist Called Me

She called to discuss my stress test results and said overall everything looks fine, she did not see anything alarming in the results. Yay!

She did mention that my heart function, i.e., my ejection fraction of 50-55%, was on the lower end of normal. She noted that it was comparable to my last measurement of 57%, so it's "normal" for me and not necessarily an indication of poor heart function; as long as it stays over 50%, I should be fine. I pointed out that my pre-Herceptin baseline was 63%, and she agreed that the decrease could have been caused by Herceptin, but there's no reason to think that it will go down any further. 

She confirmed we'll have an appointment next June (already scheduled), and at that time, she will probably schedule me for another echocardiogram to be done as a 1-year follow-up, just to make sure my ejection fraction is stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment