Sunday, November 14, 2021

11/14/21: I Got a Pfizer Booster (Day 2)

A couple weeks ago, I realized it's been 6 months since my COVID-19 vaccine 2nd dose, and I saw that the CDC specifically mentions "history of cancer" as a risk factor for eligibility. I hopped onto the CVS web site and scheduled my booster for the first available date at the most convenient CVS for me, which was 10 days out. They happened to be giving the Pfizer booster, which was fine with me, I didn't have a preference.

Yesterday, I had an appointment at 1:00 PM, but I was still 3rd in line when I arrived. It was fine; everyone was pleasant, the operation ran smoothly, and I wasn't in any kind of rush.

I went about my normal activities for the rest of the day, then started feeling especially tired around 8:00 PM. My arm also started to feel mildly sore at the injection site.

I went to bed, but woke up in the middle of the night with my arm feeling very sore. I had a headache, and chills, and my whole body felt weak and achy. I was super tired but had a hard time getting comfortable enough to fall back asleep. This morning I took my temperature, and I've got a fever in the 100-101 F range. All in all, so far, not as bad as my side effects with the 2nd dose, but worse than my side effects with the 1st dose.

11/29/21 Edited to Add: Just for the record, I ended up staying in bed all day, then woke up the next morning feeling completely and totally refreshed!! It was the best night's sleep I'd had in a long, long, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment