Tuesday, November 12, 2019

11/12/19: I Gave Up on Stitch Fix

After buying only 4 items in 5 fixes (each fix offers 5 pieces), one of which was a pair of jeans, I've decided to stop my Stitch Fix deliveries.

I blame myself for the lack of purchaseable items in the first fix. I asked for clothes that would "fit and flatter my new body," but they must have read that to mean "accentuate a flat chest." Ha. 

The next time, I made it clear I wanted clothes that would hide both a flat chest and a slightly protruding belly, going so far as to say I was interested in scarves, cowl necks, ruffles, draping material, and layers. 

One fix had multiple items with "darts" sewn in for breasts. In my feedback I pointed out what I thought should have been obvious, that any top that was cut specifically to accommodate breasts would not work for me.

Another fix had multiple items with 3/4-length sleeves, even though my "Style Profile" clearly says I do not like 3/4-length sleeves. After that, I added a note to each fix asking the stylist to please read my "Style Profile"!

The last couple fixes, I do think the stylist tried. The options were better, but still nothing I could get excited about.

Oh, well. I'm still a fan of Stitch Fix in general; I'll keep my account and maybe try again in a few months. I'm sure styling me must be challenge, since I'm not an adventurous dresser and post-DMX fashion isn't exactly a thing. (There was one designer I found who specialized in it, but she's out of business now.)

Ken suggested I try Amazon Prime Wardrobe. I think it's worth a shot. I don't enjoy shopping, and going out to stores is like a last resort for me.

6 comments:

  1. I never had any luck with them. I always felt that they just sent me whatever they had in my size and never what I asked for. I think, though they say otherwise, they really only cater to young thin women (with breasts) who like to dress au courant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, maybe you're right. I'm giving them too much credit!

      Delete
  2. Costco has a few good clothing pieces. I do browse their clothing online and have ordered stuff - most clothing items are free shipping and then if you ever need to return you can bring it to Costco (which you're going to go to at some point any ways).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm unsure of sizing, I'll order a few sizes, too. Cause Costco has good return policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good strategy! Thanks for the tip. I'll check out their online options. You're right, we definitely go to Costco on a regular basis, making returns easier. I do browse their in-store clothes every time I go, and I was so excited when they finally put up MIRRORS! Can't try everything on in front of everybody, but it helps!

      Delete
  4. Our Costco doesn’t have mirrors!! I saw a person use the full-length mirror in the optical dept. though and I thought, “why didn’t I think of that all this time?!”. Sorry to hear Stitch-Fix didn’t work out. They sounded so promising from your last post about them!

    ReplyDelete