Saturday, November 23, 2019

11/22/19: I Had Success with Amazon Prime Wardrobe

At Ken's suggestion, I gave Amazon Prime Wardrobe a try.

Prime Wardrobe works like Stitch Fix, except you can choose your own items. You can pay extra to get styled by a personal shopper, but I didn't, since the biggest benefit over Stitch Fix, for me, is the ability to choose items myself. You can also choose up to 8 items, whereas Stitch Fix sends you exactly 5 in each fix.

It went well! I ordered 5 items: a sleeveless shirt, a long-sleeve shirt, a scarf, a vest with draping material, and a jean jacket. I bought 4 items and returned 1, the long-sleeve shirt.

They actually sent the wrong shirt. It was long-sleeve and the same color as the one I ordered, but otherwise it was completely different. At first I thought it was simply a mistake. But when I looked again at the items online, 3 out of the 5 are no longer eligible for Prime Wardrobe! So maybe my shirt isn't available anymore, and they just sent me the closest thing. Kind of annoying, but I guess that's how they keep shoppers coming back, by frequently updating their "eligible" inventory.

I also noticed that some of the prices are drastically different - both higher and lower - than what they were when I placed my order. That's kind of annoying, too, seeing that their prices can be so variable.

No comments:

Post a Comment