Wednesday, October 2, 2019

10/2/19: I Got My Port Checked Again - It's Fine

Ah, the port nurse is great. She was able to see me before my physical therapy appointment. I felt silly going in again even before my port gets used, but she said she's glad I came in, that it's good I'm a partner in my own care!

I showed her the rash. We noticed how there's like a clear line right down the middle of my neck and collar bone, where it's rashy on the side of the port and not at all rashy on the other side. I remember that's pretty much exactly the borderline of where the surgeon cleaned me off while on the operating table.

The nurse thinks I'm sensitive or allergic to the topical antiseptic chlorhexidine, which is probably what the surgeon used. She said she usually uses the same cleanser when she accesses the port, but she will use a different one for me, a brown solution called Betadine.

No comments:

Post a Comment