Thursday, October 24, 2019

10/24/19: Cycle 3 Side Effects

I guess the loratadine does seem to help with the dry cough. I mean, I'm taking loratadine daily, and I didn't have the dry cough this week.

The weird problem I had focusing my eyes last Monday has persisted, though to a lesser extent. It was definitely the most pronounced that first day, but I do still find myself having trouble clearly seeing things that are in a sort of middle distance, like a clock across the room. None of the printed handouts that I got from my nurses mention eye problems, but other sources say blurred vision can be a side effect of Taxol.

I'm breaking out, which is kind of upsetting, because it's so visible. It's not just my face, either; it's behind my ears and even on my scalp, I think. Again, none of the printed handouts mention acne, but sources online list it as a possible side effect of both Herceptin and Lupron. I wonder why there is such variability in the side effects listed from different sources.

My whole scalp, actually, feels sensitive; I need to be careful when I'm brushing my hair, not to scrape the hairbrush against my head too much, or it hurts. I assume this is related to the Taxol affecting hair follicles.

I'm sleeping well, eating well, exercising and staying active, yet I still feel like I'm dragging. And I have this mild headache that is just sort of in the background. I don't think I would call it cancer-related fatigue at this point, but it is weird feeling tired all the time.

I'm thankful not to be experiencing any major side effects (yet), but all the minor ones are starting to add up...

Day 1
Once again, the dry mouth started soon after I got home.

Day 3
Interestingly, my day 3 side effects seem to be pretty consistent so far.

I woke up with a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose. As before, it didn't persist; I just drank some water and blew my nose, and that was it. I also had tingly toes, and a bit of diarrhea.

Despite a really good night's sleep, I felt tired. I remained active throughout the day, but I just felt like I was kind of dragging.

Day 4
Again, I got a good night's sleep, yet I still felt really tired. Took my walk and went grocery shopping, then needed a nap after lunch! By then I had a scratchy throat, slightly productive cough, headache, and low-grade fever of 99.5 F. Some of that may be related to the flu shot I got, but anyway I went to bed right after dinner.

I also had an occasional stuffy/runny nose, but more interestingly, I started noticing that any time I blow my nose, there's a little bit of blood on the tissue.

Day 5
Another good night's sleep, and thankfully all the cold-like symptoms were gone, except the headache, which continues to linger. The headache could be from either the Herceptin or the Lupron. Or maybe it's from walking around with blurry vision all the time. Ugh. Still had that dragging feeling for most of the day, and I went to bed early again.

No comments:

Post a Comment