Thursday, August 29, 2019

8/29/19: Phone Calls

I called my nurse today.

First, I wanted to see about getting an appointment with a medical oncologist. This is the doctor who will provide further treatment if I need chemotherapy, radiation, or hormone therapy. She said to expect a call today or tomorrow to schedule the appointment. I did receive a call later in the day, and I now have an appointment on the calendar.

I also asked if the Breast Center is open on Labor Day Monday, because I am expecting my drains to meet the requirement for removal (less than 30 mL each for 2 consecutive days) over the weekend. She confirmed they are closed on Labor Day, but also said my breast surgeon actually prefers the drain output to be less than 20 mL each for 2 consecutive days, so the long weekend probably won't be a problem.

2 comments:

  1. You must be looking forward to when the drains come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! For me they aren't painful, but they are uncomfortable.

      Delete