Monday, September 23, 2019

9/23/19: I Got Billed for Surgery

My online account for my health insurance shows a LOT of activity, but I figure I won't log any costs until I actually get billed.

I honestly don't understand some of the online health insurance statements. There are claim summaries and claim details, and sometimes none of the numbers match up in any way. I can't make much sense of it.

The printed statements we get in the mail are more comprehensible. Mostly I just look at the "Provider Charge" and "Your Responsibility" amounts.

The amount we get billed should match the "Your Responsibility" amount on the insurance statement. Before we pay, I cross-reference those values to make sure they match up.

8/23/19: Surgery Hospital (Pathology Lab?): $3,643.00
With insurance, I paid: $995.76

Total cost to date: $21,759.00
With insurance, cost to me: $1,891.43

No comments:

Post a Comment